Thursday, November 29, 2007

Look At Me Post!

In an effort to make sure the five of you who keep track of me don't think I'm dead, I'm updating. Hooray!

So. Here it is. I'm going to try my hand at some (marginally fictionalized) prose this break. I may post it up here, if I can figure out a way to make cuts, like a livejournal entry. I'm also going to try to get on here and post film and album reviews, both new and old, because if anybody needs culture, it's you guys. I have one or two up and around. I may see if I can locate them.

I'm working on putting together a top ten albums of the year list. By "working on", I mean I'm currently listening to every album that I own (and several I don't) that came out this year, alphabetically by artist... cause that's how they're organized in my iTunes. Considering I'm only on "Apples In Stereo, The" (New Magnetic Wonder is a pretty excellent album, by the way), I have a wys to go. I'll have to go through them all at least one more time, as I'm only listening for a fresh absorption this first time. I'll go through again and make a note or two. Points will go to albums that I've listened to a lot, and subtracted from albums that, while intellectually and musically excellent, are just not listenable on any pedestrian level (see: The Fiery Furnaces).

I've acquired so much fucking music in the last month. Hoo.

Anyway: more soon. I'll be telling you what sucks and what doesn't. So... look forward to it, bitches.

No comments: